Deacon Nominations 2020-21
The First Baptist Church Constitution outlines the process for deacon nomination and selection in Section 5 stating the following: During the month of June the church membership is asked to submit nominations for Deacons based on the biblical and church qualification guidelines:
- Acts 6:1-4
- 1 Tim 3:8-13
Each man nominated and who agrees to serve shall also meet the following church qualifications:
- He shall be at least twenty-five years of age
- He shall have been a member of First Baptist Church. Dickson, for at least one year before being nominated
- He should be able to attend Deacons' meeting
- He shall be faithful in attendance. (Heb. 10:24-25)
- He shall be a tither in belief and his tithe shall be given to First Baptist Church Dickson. lnc (Mal. 3:10)
- He shall be of good reputation. full of theHoly Spirit, and endowed with practical wisdom (Acts 63. I Tim. 3:8-13 and Gal. 5:22-23)
- He should be loyal to the denomination
- He shall agree with the doctrine of this church
He shall promote the unity of the church (Eph. 4.1-2)
- He should be a loyalsupporter of the Church's ministries
- He must totally abstain from intoxicating drinks and drug abuse
- He must be supportive of the Pastor and staff leadership of the church
- He must be supportive of the Ministry Plan of the church
Place nominations in the white box located at the Welcome Center.
This box will remain locked until opened by the Deacons at the end of the nomination process.
If you have questions. please contact:
- Gary Vincent, Chairman of Deacons
- Roy Smith, Vice Chairman of Deacons.
- Ricky Chappell, Secretary of Deacons.
Nominations due by: August 9th
Current Deacons serving thru 2020-21
*Ricky Chappell, Troy Martin, Roy Smith, Joey Scott
Current Deacons serving thru 2020-2022
*Gerald Burgess, Jim Call, Jimmy Drake, Rick Dysinger, Temple Fulton, Jeff Hooks, Bill Moore, James Sager, Travis Wales, Jerry Williams
Men rolling off : Larry Batson, Todd Berry, Ryan Tucker, Gary Vincent (these men have a year before they can serve again)